Sometimes life on the farm can feel a little like groundhog day, each day blends into the last. But more often the variety of task to be attend to means each day is different and the saying ‘variety is the spice of life’ rings true. The last few days have emphasised to me why I love my job. Wednesday I was busy milking our herd and sorting the start of our silage harvest. Yesterday I was in a meeting at the Victorian Agri Biosciences Centre talking about pastures and today I’m back on the farm throwing tyres onto our silage stack to keep the cover in place.
With this silage harvest now completed, fingers crossed the rain forecast for the weekend arrives!
Follow Us on Instagram
- Some time rainbows just seem to have a little extra pop. . Sheltering from a gusty rain squall and only for a matter of seconds one of the brightest rainbows shone out. #rainbow #winter #gusty #pasture #paddocktoplateLooks like there's something brewing out to the west. I'll make sure the cows have a nice sheltered paddock tonight. . #winter #coldfront #weather #gippsland #paddocktoplate #pasture #aussieag #ausdairy #ruralaustralia #total_rural #legendairy #kuntrygram #rurallife #farmsnaps #farmlife #countrylife
- RT @Dairy_Australia: If you’re in a position to push pasture growth, nitrogen will probably stack up this year. Watch Matt Harms’ round up… 4 days ago
- Another soggy morning! I wish we could send some of this east or north.☔ https://t.co/iZXeS44YaD 4 days ago
- RT @OzFarmers: It’s #FarmSafetyWeek! Our 2018 theme is “Innovative, Safe and Healthy”. 👨🏻🌾 Here are some #farmfacts to kick off this all i… 1 month ago
- It's #FarmSafetyWeek this week. A good time to focus on making your farm, a safe farm. #ausdairy… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- The sound of milk being made, with magpies on backing vocals. #Turnupthevolume #ausdairy #milk #paddocktoplate https://t.co/qVPI4DoCyU 1 month ago