Sometimes life on the farm can feel a little like groundhog day, each day blends into the last. But more often the variety of task to be attend to means each day is different and the saying ‘variety is the spice of life’ rings true. The last few days have emphasised to me why I love my job. Wednesday I was busy milking our herd and sorting the start of our silage harvest. Yesterday I was in a meeting at the Victorian Agri Biosciences Centre talking about pastures and today I’m back on the farm throwing tyres onto our silage stack to keep the cover in place.
With this silage harvest now completed, fingers crossed the rain forecast for the weekend arrives!
- Ahhh, it's good to be back on top of the mud (rather than stuck in the mud) https://t.co/w2TK2wUGw0 6 months ago
- Shout out to the hero's of #WorldMilkDay -makers of healthy nutritious milk-cows. These girls have reduced their me… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 8 months ago
- It's soil testing season at Montrose Dairy https://t.co/3zvgif7qo8 11 months ago
- All the water that runs through and off our farm (& another productive dairy farm) runs into this creek. Sitting on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago
- Again the only lights I can see this morning come from dairies with generators. 1 bonus of getting up very early it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 year ago