Sometimes life on the farm can feel a little like groundhog day, each day blends into the last. But more often the variety of task to be attend to means each day is different and the saying ‘variety is the spice of life’ rings true. The last few days have emphasised to me why I love my job. Wednesday I was busy milking our herd and sorting the start of our silage harvest. Yesterday I was in a meeting at the Victorian Agri Biosciences Centre talking about pastures and today I’m back on the farm throwing tyres onto our silage stack to keep the cover in place.
With this silage harvest now completed, fingers crossed the rain forecast for the weekend arrives!
- The sky is getting dark and storms are kicking off, I'm not complaining about getting wet getting the cows 4 milkin… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 15 hours ago
- #Grass2glass Our cows munching their way through some lush grass, working on another batch of spring milk.… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Slick, shiny coats are always a stylish spring look for the girls at Montrose Dairy #spring #fashion #cows… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- Cows seemed particularly happy with tonight's paddock. I couldn't resist adding🔊 Looks like the girls were ready to… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 month ago
- It is always good seeing our cows fill up on lush grass before another wet & windy night. #grasstomilk… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 months ago