Sometimes life on the farm can feel a little like groundhog day, each day blends into the last. But more often the variety of task to be attend to means each day is different and the saying ‘variety is the spice of life’ rings true. The last few days have emphasised to me why I love my job. Wednesday I was busy milking our herd and sorting the start of our silage harvest. Yesterday I was in a meeting at the Victorian Agri Biosciences Centre talking about pastures and today I’m back on the farm throwing tyres onto our silage stack to keep the cover in place.
With this silage harvest now completed, fingers crossed the rain forecast for the weekend arrives!
Follow Us on Instagram
No Instagram images were found.
- RT @Dairy_Australia: Our latest campaign is now live! Check out our TV ad with @JBrown as he goes behind the scenes of our incredible Austr… 5 days ago
- RT @GippsDairy: We’re excited to announce that provided travel restrictions allow, the Don Campbell Memorial tour will be going ahead this… 3 weeks ago
- Scrumptious looking Christmas lunch for the cows. Though it does look like one of those meals that could leave a bl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Enhancing biodiversity is an important component of our farm. Just over 20 yes ago this was a steep muddy paddock,… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- RT @Dairy_Australia: By sharing the latest science, we can help people understand what’s unique about dairy foods, and feel good about eati… 5 months ago