Follow Us on Instagram
No Instagram images were found.
- RT @Dairy_Australia: By sharing the latest science, we can help people understand what’s unique about dairy foods, and feel good about eati… 2 months ago
- Cow conga on their way to tonight's fresh pasture https://t.co/tQ6Q1kwmwj 4 months ago
- RT @Dairy_Australia: To keep people on farm safe and well, it’s important to follow the recommended COVID-19 hygiene procedures. Consider t… 8 months ago
- RT @gardinerdairy: Are you looking for ways you can contribute to the dairy industry and your local community? Our website is updated regul… 8 months ago
- Goldilocks zone weather for cows...not so ideal for making hay. If we don't get this baled now I think this grass i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 months ago
Category Archives: Dairy
A foggy morning to finish off a soggy Autumn.
Heading into winter it is critical we have lots of high quality pasture on hand, pasture growth rates decline as the days shorten and our soils cool down. To manage our pastures we monitor the pasture cover in each paddock … Continue reading
Recent heavy rains have forced us to evaluate how we approach the next six weeks on our farm. Our herd is due to start calving on the 12th of next month and in order to give the cows a break … Continue reading
One of the many fringe benefits of living in the country is the night sky we get to enjoy. For several weeks now the evening sky has been dominated by Jupiter setting in the west. This is tonight’s display for our cows … Continue reading
The weather for the last 6 months here at Hoddle has been fantastic for growing grass with a very mild summer and just enough rain to keep the grass ticking along. With the deciduous trees losing their leaves and a … Continue reading
Last year we offered up some soil from one of our paddocks as part of a national research project. Scientists who are part of The Victorian Soil Carbon Project came one rainy day to take the samples. The project’s aim … Continue reading
Hay season is normally done and dusted by Christmas in our region but this is the second year in a row we have cut hay in mid January. Good summer rains have resulted in more pastures than our cattle can … Continue reading
Posting recipes on this blog was never the plan but… I was recently given this recipe by a brother-in-law and he gives a very big wrap for the resultant cake. Now having tried the cake I feel the recipe deserves … Continue reading