Follow Us on Instagram
No Instagram images were found.
- Again the only lights I can see this morning come from dairies with generators. 1 bonus of getting up very early it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- This morning in South #Gippsland. The only lights to be seen are the Dairy farms with generators and the odd car in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- RT @Dairy_Australia: Our latest campaign is now live! Check out our TV ad with @JBrown as he goes behind the scenes of our incredible Austr… 6 months ago
- RT @GippsDairy: We’re excited to announce that provided travel restrictions allow, the Don Campbell Memorial tour will be going ahead this… 7 months ago
- Scrumptious looking Christmas lunch for the cows. Though it does look like one of those meals that could leave a bl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 9 months ago
Tag Archives: Pasture
There is little doubt healthy soil is critical to a productive farm. Once you ask the question what constitutes a healthy soil and what is the best way to build soil health the debate begins. Soil health has become a … Continue reading
Heading into winter it is critical we have lots of high quality pasture on hand, pasture growth rates decline as the days shorten and our soils cool down. To manage our pastures we monitor the pasture cover in each paddock … Continue reading
The weather for the last 6 months here at Hoddle has been fantastic for growing grass with a very mild summer and just enough rain to keep the grass ticking along. With the deciduous trees losing their leaves and a … Continue reading
Last year we offered up some soil from one of our paddocks as part of a national research project. Scientists who are part of The Victorian Soil Carbon Project came one rainy day to take the samples. The project’s aim … Continue reading
Sometimes life on the farm can feel a little like groundhog day, each day blends into the last. But more often the variety of task to be attend to means each day is different and the saying ‘variety is the … Continue reading
With black clouds looming our 2011 silage harvest is under way.