Follow Us on Instagram
- This week is the Aussie Backyard Bird Count ran by Birdlife Australia. So grab your bird book, download the app, whatever is your thing, and get out there and get counting. Birds are a critical part of our biodiversity if we don’t know what is out there how can we know what to look after? #twitcher #aussiebirdcount #birdlife #bird #biodiversity #landcare #paddocktoplateAhh the colours and patterns of silage season. One cut down, 🤞plenty more to come. Silage is #fermented pasture. We mow and collect the lush spring pasture, pack it tightly into a pit to remove as much of the oxygen as possible and let it ferment in its own juices. Once preserved like this it can last for years. It's like kimchi for cows! #pasture #fermentedfoods #fermentation #silageseason #silage
- Scientific research has assisted Au farmers reduce methane emissions/Lt of milk by 40% in the last 30yrs.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 months ago
- #ScienceWeek #ScienceinAg The science of producing healthy, safe, nutritious food. On farm culturing of samples ass… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- RT @climatedogs: Why rain events becoming more ‘boom or bust’. Finer scale physics on storms tells us why, but extent is not yet fully capt… 5 months ago
- RT @SBSNews: Legendary natural historian, David Attenborough, has called out the Australian government in a sobering speech on climate chan… 5 months ago
- RT @GHFPS: Important to look at an issue from all angles. Science has given us so much, let's be careful of turning our back on it https://… 5 months ago
Category Archives: Milk
Milk advertising has been in the media of late. It is great to see some quality milk advertising.
Heading into winter it is critical we have lots of high quality pasture on hand, pasture growth rates decline as the days shorten and our soils cool down. To manage our pastures we monitor the pasture cover in each paddock … Continue reading
Recent heavy rains have forced us to evaluate how we approach the next six weeks on our farm. Our herd is due to start calving on the 12th of next month and in order to give the cows a break … Continue reading
In 2010 we undertook our first analysis of greenhouse gas emissions from our dairy farm. To do this we used the industry developed tool DGAS. DGAS software is intended to give the user an understanding of the greenhouse gases emitted … Continue reading
Posting recipes on this blog was never the plan but… I was recently given this recipe by a brother-in-law and he gives a very big wrap for the resultant cake. Now having tried the cake I feel the recipe deserves … Continue reading
￼ Santa delivered some welcome summer rains last night with 16mm falling during an impressive lightening display.