- Preparing for our cows breakfast rush, gee this mixed pasture looks cracking in the dew, I'd almost eat it myself… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- The first cows milked at each milking are the first cows out to the fresh paddock. The early bird gets the worm... fb.me/8w3Cn8bwr 1 week ago
- It looks like the world needs a bit more dairy 🙄 Great slide @claireo_booth twitter.com/claireo_booth/… 2 weeks ago
- No stopping to enjoy the spectacular autumn sunset for these girls this arvo, they were too keen on the fresh... fb.me/1j1ayyfv6 2 months ago
- RT @GippsDairy: Grant Williams is the new GippsDairy Chair after Graeme Nicoll joined the Dairy Australia board. To see more go to https://… 4 months ago
Category Archives: Milk
Milk advertising has been in the media of late. It is great to see some quality milk advertising.
Heading into winter it is critical we have lots of high quality pasture on hand, pasture growth rates decline as the days shorten and our soils cool down. To manage our pastures we monitor the pasture cover in each paddock … Continue reading
Recent heavy rains have forced us to evaluate how we approach the next six weeks on our farm. Our herd is due to start calving on the 12th of next month and in order to give the cows a break … Continue reading
In 2010 we undertook our first analysis of greenhouse gas emissions from our dairy farm. To do this we used the industry developed tool DGAS. DGAS software is intended to give the user an understanding of the greenhouse gases emitted … Continue reading
Posting recipes on this blog was never the plan but… I was recently given this recipe by a brother-in-law and he gives a very big wrap for the resultant cake. Now having tried the cake I feel the recipe deserves … Continue reading
￼ Santa delivered some welcome summer rains last night with 16mm falling during an impressive lightening display.