Follow Us on Instagram
No Instagram images were found.
- Again the only lights I can see this morning come from dairies with generators. 1 bonus of getting up very early it… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- This morning in South #Gippsland. The only lights to be seen are the Dairy farms with generators and the odd car in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 months ago
- RT @Dairy_Australia: Our latest campaign is now live! Check out our TV ad with @JBrown as he goes behind the scenes of our incredible Austr… 8 months ago
- RT @GippsDairy: We’re excited to announce that provided travel restrictions allow, the Don Campbell Memorial tour will be going ahead this… 8 months ago
- Scrumptious looking Christmas lunch for the cows. Though it does look like one of those meals that could leave a bl… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 10 months ago
Category Archives: Milk
Milk advertising has been in the media of late. It is great to see some quality milk advertising.
Heading into winter it is critical we have lots of high quality pasture on hand, pasture growth rates decline as the days shorten and our soils cool down. To manage our pastures we monitor the pasture cover in each paddock … Continue reading
Recent heavy rains have forced us to evaluate how we approach the next six weeks on our farm. Our herd is due to start calving on the 12th of next month and in order to give the cows a break … Continue reading
In 2010 we undertook our first analysis of greenhouse gas emissions from our dairy farm. To do this we used the industry developed tool DGAS. DGAS software is intended to give the user an understanding of the greenhouse gases emitted … Continue reading
Posting recipes on this blog was never the plan but… I was recently given this recipe by a brother-in-law and he gives a very big wrap for the resultant cake. Now having tried the cake I feel the recipe deserves … Continue reading
￼ Santa delivered some welcome summer rains last night with 16mm falling during an impressive lightening display.
One of our regular pre Christmas tasks at Montrose Dairy is separating some cream. This was a daily task many years ago on this farm, when the cream was sold and the skim milk was fed to pigs. Now we only … Continue reading
Our local primary school at Foster has been involved in a fantastic educational program about the dairy industry Picasso Cows. The students have had a great time decorating “Squirt” the cow, had visits from farmers and now have a better … Continue reading