Follow Us on Instagram
- This is a first. I've never made hay in March before. I don't recall ever having such a surplus of pasture in March.Summer hay crop blowing in the wind, I've never done hay in Feb before!🤷🏻♂️ Two cuts of silage and a grazing from this paddock since 18/10/19. I'm feeling good vibes from this pasture variety call Vibe.
- RT @Dairy_Australia: To keep people on farm safe and well, it’s important to follow the recommended COVID-19 hygiene procedures. Consider t… 1 day ago
- RT @gardinerdairy: Are you looking for ways you can contribute to the dairy industry and your local community? Our website is updated regul… 2 days ago
- Goldilocks zone weather for cows...not so ideal for making hay. If we don't get this baled now I think this grass i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Scientific research has assisted Au farmers reduce methane emissions/Lt of milk by 40% in the last 30yrs.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- #ScienceWeek #ScienceinAg The science of producing healthy, safe, nutritious food. On farm culturing of samples ass… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
Category Archives: Milk
Milk advertising has been in the media of late. It is great to see some quality milk advertising.
Heading into winter it is critical we have lots of high quality pasture on hand, pasture growth rates decline as the days shorten and our soils cool down. To manage our pastures we monitor the pasture cover in each paddock … Continue reading
Recent heavy rains have forced us to evaluate how we approach the next six weeks on our farm. Our herd is due to start calving on the 12th of next month and in order to give the cows a break … Continue reading
In 2010 we undertook our first analysis of greenhouse gas emissions from our dairy farm. To do this we used the industry developed tool DGAS. DGAS software is intended to give the user an understanding of the greenhouse gases emitted … Continue reading
Posting recipes on this blog was never the plan but… I was recently given this recipe by a brother-in-law and he gives a very big wrap for the resultant cake. Now having tried the cake I feel the recipe deserves … Continue reading
￼ Santa delivered some welcome summer rains last night with 16mm falling during an impressive lightening display.