Follow Us on Instagram
- This is a first. I've never made hay in March before. I don't recall ever having such a surplus of pasture in March.Summer hay crop blowing in the wind, I've never done hay in Feb before!🤷🏻♂️ Two cuts of silage and a grazing from this paddock since 18/10/19. I'm feeling good vibes from this pasture variety call Vibe.
- RT @Dairy_Australia: To keep people on farm safe and well, it’s important to follow the recommended COVID-19 hygiene procedures. Consider t… 1 day ago
- RT @gardinerdairy: Are you looking for ways you can contribute to the dairy industry and your local community? Our website is updated regul… 2 days ago
- Goldilocks zone weather for cows...not so ideal for making hay. If we don't get this baled now I think this grass i… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 months ago
- Scientific research has assisted Au farmers reduce methane emissions/Lt of milk by 40% in the last 30yrs.… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
- #ScienceWeek #ScienceinAg The science of producing healthy, safe, nutritious food. On farm culturing of samples ass… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 7 months ago
Category Archives: Education
The motivation to get back on the horse, blow the dust off MontroseDairy.com & start blogging again came from a recent trip to Melbourne. I go to Melbourne often for meetings and usually enjoy the contrast of the city, to … Continue reading
Dairy discussion groups have been important for many reasons over many years in the dairy industry. Sharing ideas, learning new ways, getting moral support or hearing from someone who has gone before are all valuable parts of being in a … Continue reading
Milk advertising has been in the media of late. It is great to see some quality milk advertising.
Look after the soil physical and chemical properties and the soil biology will look after itself. That was the key message I took from a recent soil biology forum I attended. “The diversity of micro-organisms in soils is far larger … Continue reading
Farm Day is on Sunday! We are looking forward to meeting the city family we will host for the day at Montrose. We have taken part in Farm Day for several years and really enjoy helping an interested city family … Continue reading
Nuffield Australia scholarships applications are now open for 2013. I was lucky enough to be awarded a scholarship in 2010. It was an incredible year of learning and I made many life long friendships. Any Australian primary producer should consider … Continue reading