While farms are one patch of land, farmers help make up the diverse communities in which we live. In rural areas we all need to ‘pitch in’ to make things happen. This week we have been involved with;
- Chairing a local Landcare meeting
- Helping with reading groups at school
- Taking part in a dairy economic project steering committee
- Leading the cub pack on a fishing trip
- Participating in a United Dairy Farmers/Victorian Farmers Federation meeting
Lots of people do lots of great and different things in rural communities, helping them remain vibrant & resilient.